Mass graves in Gaza show victims’ hands were bound, UN human rights office says — Global Issues

Development follows hundreds of recalls The bodies are “buried deep underground and covered in waste.” Tests were held over the weekend at Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis in central Gaza and Al Shifa Hospital in northern Gaza City. A total of 283 bodies were recovered at Nasser Hospital, of which 42 have been identified.

The dead reportedly included elderly people, women, and injured people. Others were found with their hands tied and their clothes stripped,” said Ravina Shamdasani, spokesperson for the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights.

Discovery of Al Shifa

Ms Shamdasani added that more bodies had been found at Al Shifa Hospital, citing Gaza’s local health authorities.

This large medical complex was the enclave’s main tertiary facility until the outbreak of war on October 7th. It was the focus of an Israeli military invasion to root out Hamas militants believed to be operating within its borders, which ended earlier this month. After two weeks of violent clashes, UN humanitarian aid agencies surveyed the scene. Confirmed On April 5, al-Shifa announced that most of its equipment was reduced to ashes.

“According to reports, 30 Palestinian bodies buried in two graves In the courtyard of Al Shifa Hospital in Gaza City. One in front of the emergency ward and the other in front of the dialysis ward,” Shamdasani told reporters in Geneva.

The bodies of 12 Palestinians were identified from these locations in Al Shifa. OHCHR The identity of the remaining individuals has not yet been confirmed, the spokesperson continued.

“There are reports that some of these bodies had their hands tied as well,” Ms Shamdasani said, adding: “The Israeli Defense Forces claim to have killed 200 Palestinians during the Al-Alabama conflict. However, he added that there could be “more” victims. – Shihwa Medical Complex Management”.

200 days of fear

Nearly 200 days after heavy Israeli shelling began in response to Hamas-led terrorist attacks in southern Israel, UN human rights chief Volker Türk announced the destruction of Nasser and Al-Shifa hospitals and the discovery of mass graves. He expressed his horror at what was reported.

Deliberately killing civilians, detainees, and other people. before battle it is a war crime” Mr Turk called for an independent investigation into the death.

Installation fee

As of April 22, more than 34,000 Palestinians had been killed in Gaza, including 14,685 children and 9,670 women, the High Commission said, citing the enclave’s health authorities. A further 77,084 people are believed to have been injured, and more than 7,000 are believed to be trapped under rubble.

A child is killed or injured every 10 minutes. Although they are protected under international law of war, they are nevertheless the ones paying a disproportionate and ultimate price in this war,” the High Commissioner said.

turkey warning

The United Nations rights chief also said: Warning of full-scale Israeli invasion of RafahAn estimated 1.2 million Gazans are “forced into corners” there.

“World leaders are united in their duty to protect the civilians trapped in Rafah,” the high commissioner said in a statement, adding that Israel had committed serious violence against Rafah in recent days, killing mainly women and children. He also condemned the attack.

These include the April 19 attack on an apartment in the Tal al-Sultan neighborhood that left nine Palestinians dead, “including six children and two women,” and the attack on Rafah’s As Shabollah the following day. – Includes an attack on a camp that reportedly left four people dead, including: girl and pregnant woman.

“The latest images of a premature baby removed from the womb of a dying mother, the latest images of two adjacent houses where 15 children and five women were murdered, This is more than a war”Türk said.

The high commissioner condemned the “unspeakable suffering” caused by months of war and called for an end to “the resulting misery and destruction, hunger and disease, and the risk of wider conflict.” I appealed again.

Mr. Turk also renewed his call for an immediate ceasefire, the release of all remaining hostages taken from Israel and those arbitrarily detained, and an unrestricted flow of humanitarian aid.

©WHO

A girl is transferred from Kamal Adwan Hospital in Gaza’s far north to a hospital in the southern enclave. (File)

Massive attacks on settlers in the West Bank

The UN human rights chief turned his attention to the West Bank, where he said serious human rights violations continue “unabated”.

nevertheless International condemnation of “massive settler attacks” “Facilitated by the Israeli Security Forces (ISF)” from April 12th to 14th.

The violence of settlers is ISF Support, Protection and Participation”Turk said, describing a 50-hour operation into Nur Shams refugee camp and Tulkarem city that began on April 18.

“The ISF deployed ground forces, bulldozers and drones and sealed off the camp. 14 Palestinians were killed, three of them children,” the UN human rights chief said, adding that 10 ISF personnel were injured. he pointed out.

In his statement, Turk also highlighted reports that several Palestinians were illegally killed in Operation Noor Shams. The ISF used it to protect unarmed Palestinians from attacks and killed others in apparent extrajudicial executions. ”.

Dozens of people were reportedly detained and abused, while the ISF “inflicted unprecedented and clearly wanton destruction of the camp and its infrastructure,” the high commissioner said.

Related Article

0 Comments

Leave a Comment