Malaysian soccer player Faisal Halim burns after acid attack

PETALING JAYA – Malaysian national team and Selangor FC winger Faisal Halim suffered second-degree burns after being doused with acid at a shopping mall on May 5.

Selangor police chief Hussein Omar Khan said a man in his 20s was arrested.

Selangor Youth, Sports and Entrepreneurship Commission chairman Mohd Najwan Halimi said Faisal suffered burns in several places on his body, including around his neck, shoulders, arms and chest, and was undergoing treatment at a hospital. Stated.

The winger was at a popular shopping mall in Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya, when he was doused with what appeared to be an acidic liquid.

Mohd Najwan has been informed by Selangor FC management that Faisal’s condition is stable.

He also condemned the attack. “I wish Faisal the strength and courage to face this setback and his speedy recovery,” Najwan said in a May 5 statement.

Meanwhile, Hussain said Faisal’s condition is stable and he is receiving treatment at a private hospital.

“At 5:51 p.m., we received information from members of the public that a national soccer player was sprayed with a liquid that appeared to be acidic while he was at a shopping mall in Kota Damansara,” he said in a statement on the 5th. Anyone who has one is urged to contact police. Petaling Jaya Police Operations Room.

According to him, police have so far taken statements from three people, including the victim.

When contacted, he said, “I plan to call several witnesses today as well and record their statements.”

The police chief also said the motive for the attack was under investigation.

“We plan to apply for a remand order against the suspects to assist in further investigations,” he added.

Images of his injury have gone viral on social media, with netizens shocked that such an incident could happen to a national football player.

Selangor’s ruler Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah also expressed concern over the acid attack. According to a statement issued by Istana Alam Shah, the sultan condemned the violence against Mr. Faisal.

“As the patron of Selangor FC and as the manager of Selangor FC, Selangor Raja Muda Tunku Amir Shah strongly condemns this immoral act,” the Sultan said in a statement. He added that he would like to see an investigation into the matter. We will pursue the reason behind the attack so that the perpetrators can be immediately apprehended.

The statement also said the rulers were investigating possible malicious acts by groups involved in civil disobedience and football hooliganism.

“His Royal Highness is disappointed and considers this incident to be a serious incident that could potentially affect the life of an athlete.

“His Royal Highness is concerned that if this incident is not dealt with immediately and appropriately, something even worse could happen in the future,” the statement said.

Sultan Sharafuddin also prayed for Faisal to return to health and continue playing for Selangor FC.

Minister for Youth and Sports Hannah Yeo also condemned the attack.

“I strongly condemn violent attacks against athletes. There is no violence in sports.

“I urge @PDRMsia (police) to take immediate action against the suspects,” she said on social media platform X (previously known as Twitter).

Meanwhile, Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) president Hamidin Mohd Amin said he had advised Faisal, who is recovering from the acid attack, to forget about football for the time being.

When Hamidin met reporters at the hospital on May 5, he also expressed disappointment and sadness over the attack on Faisal and another incident involving Harimau Malaya player Akhyar Rashid.

Aihar, who is also a winger for Terengganu FC (TFC), was attacked by two robbers at a residential area in Kuala Terengganu on May 3 and sustained injuries to his head and legs. THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK

Related Article

0 Comments

Leave a Comment