Occupation forces announce control of Rafah crossing, completely halting aid passage

Israeli occupation forces have announced “operational control” of the Palestinian side of the Rafah border crossing between the Gaza Strip and Egypt, but humanitarian relief officials say the passage of aid through the crossing has been completely disrupted. Stated.

Israeli Occupation Army Radio reported today (Tuesday) that Israeli forces had captured the Palestinian side of the Rafah crossing, claiming that “units of the 401st Brigade have achieved operational control of the Rafah crossing from the Gaza side.”

The occupation forces added: “The military has separated the Rafah border from the Salah al-Din axis and the armored forces of the 401st Brigade now have complete control of this crossing.”

He noted that “special forces have launched an attack on the eastern region of Rafah” and ordered the forced evacuation of residents.

He claimed that “20 militants were killed and three large underground wells were discovered in the area” during the attack.

He pointed out that “the US military is currently carrying out clearing operations in areas it controls,” and claimed that “there were no casualties among our troops during the night.”

Assistance entry suspension

Meanwhile, travel and humanitarian aid entry through the Rafah crossing was completely suspended, coinciding with reports of Israeli military vehicles entering the Rafah crossing.

A spokesperson for the Gaza Crossing Authority told Reuters today (Tuesday) that the Rafah crossing was closed to the Palestinian side due to the presence of Israeli tanks.

Three humanitarian workers told Reuters that the passage of aid through the intersection had been disrupted.

Meanwhile, United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres warned Israel that a ground attack on Rafah “will have dire humanitarian consequences and plunge the region into chaos.”

He stressed that the ground attack on Rafah was “unacceptable” and called for an agreement to “end the suffering in Gaza.”

This comes as aid groups announced yesterday (Monday) that medical services in Rafah will be affected or stopped due to Israeli military operations in the city of Rafah, with some services suspended and the path for medical teams cut off. This is in response to the announcement that

Aim near the Rafah intersection

In the past few hours, Israeli airstrikes and artillery shelling targeted areas near the Rafah area across the border from the Palestinian side, with reports of gunshots and clashes between Israeli occupation forces and Palestinian factions in the area, according to witnesses and Egyptian and Palestinian media. A collision was reportedly witnessed. .

“Our personnel were able to rescue a number of martyrs from under the rubble and debris of several houses and transport a number of injured people,” the Gaza Strip Civil Defense said in a statement. Ta.

He added: “Israeli warplanes bombed the homes of the families of Abu Amra, al-Shammari, al-Hamus and Abdel al in the city of Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip.” .

Since Monday night, Israeli occupation forces have stepped up artillery and air strikes in areas east of the city of Rafah, with the aim of monitoring the movement of Israeli military vehicles near the border fence east of the city.

forced movement

The developments came after Israeli occupation forces announced the start of a military operation in Rafah on Monday morning and began the “forced” evacuation of Palestinian residents from the eastern part of the Rafah area to the al-Mawasi area in the southwest of the Gaza Strip. .

The areas where Israeli occupation forces were told to evacuate include the Rafah crossing on the border with Egypt. The Rafah crossing is the main transit point for humanitarian aid to Gaza and the only transit point used to transport seriously injured people to receive treatment abroad. Given the lack of medical capacity in hospitals in the Gaza Strip as a result of the war and Israeli restrictions.

Israel claims that Rafah is the “last stronghold of the Hamas movement,” and is home to approximately 1.5 million Palestinians, including approximately 1.4 million displaced people, and there are international reports that the city will have a devastating impact. Despite warnings, they insist on invading Rafah.

Israel’s war in Gaza left approximately 113,000 people dead and injured, most of them children and women, and approximately 10,000 people are missing, amidst massive destruction and famine, with the lives of children and women being claimed. Ta.

Despite the issuance of an immediate cessation of hostilities resolution by the United Nations Security Council, and despite the International Court of Justice calling for immediate measures to prevent acts of genocide and improve the humanitarian situation in Gaza, Israel continues the war.

Related Article

0 Comments

Leave a Comment